Thinking about setting up in a new market? Do you already trade internationally? Subsidiaries in one or more countries abroad? Danske Bank has many years of experience and a broad, international network, which means we can help strengthen your company's international position.
Draw on our team of skilled advisors and specialists, and let your company benefit from our experience.
, if you would like to be contacted or wish to book a meeting.
Danske Bank can readily take care of all your international financial activities. Whatever the market or country, your banking business can be managed via Denmark's best business system – Business Online.
Easy and accessible
Business Online, together with our range of cash management services, supports your need for international solutions. You save time and resources by gathering your company's accounts and cash flow together in Business Online. All day, every day and no matter where you are in the world you can take care of your company's banking needs.
Many countries, one system
Our central IT platform is fully integrated into the vast majority of our branches abroad. Your company will thus be able to communicate online with Danske Bank across international borders – via the same system. With one common access to Business Online, you have a complete overview of your financial position.
Efficient management with a flexible solution
Business Online gives you access to an efficient manage system for your company's financial activities. And Business Online is flexible – you can select modules according to your needs for managing accounts, payments, liquidity, documentary credits, collection or currency trading, etc. One password gives access to all modules.
Would you like to know more about how we can help strengthen your company's international position, then book a meeting or call
45 14 00 00
International activities often require foreign currency accounts in Denmark or abroad. If you receive payments from international customers, offering your customers the option of paying into a local account in their own country can be advantageous – it is usually cheaper and payment processing times are faster. Likewise, you could benefit by paying international suppliers from a local currency account in the countries you import from.
Opening a foreign currency account is easy
Danske Bank makes it easy for you to open an account abroad – we do it centrally using Danish-speaking advisors:
- in countries where Danske Bank is represented we can open accounts quickly and easily. Our common IT system means that you can see entries and balances in real time and can move liquidity between accounts in Denmark and abroad via Business Online.
- we facilitate contact to partner banks in countries where Danske Bank is not present, and we can advise you on the necessary documentation. Once the account has been set up you can access it via Business Online.
Advice on setting up abroad
If your company is setting up a business in one of the countries where Danske Bank is present, we can assist with an international advisor specialised in helping Danish customers with their international activities.
When activities expand to cover a number of countries – with accounts abroad in several different currencies – it can be difficult to get a complete overview of your company's liquidity situation.
Business Online provides both an overview and control
Business Online provides your company with information about its overall net liquidity position across countries in real time. You can make transactions and manage your overall liquidity from one location. This includes payments, collections, currency transactions and liquidity transfers. Payments to and collections from other countries can be done as local payments/collections at domestic prices.
Benefits of a liquidity solution
Our cash management specialists can construct a solution that matches your needs and provides the optimum management of liquidity, interest, foreign currency positions and incoming and outgoing payments simply and efficiently. You can, for example, have:
- an account structure that reflects your company's organisation and management structure
- an overview of your company's liquidity in real time
- a reduced need for credit facilities
- interest optimisation, as interest is calculated on the company's net liquidity
- overall liquidity in different currencies and you can use your credit limit across currencies
Danske Bank makes it simple to get an overview and manage your company's liquidity efficiently – also internationally.
International activities are often associated with greater risks. New customers or suppliers abroad? Unsure about local market conditions? Earnings affected by exchange rates? Danske Bank can help reduce the risks.
Avoid company earnings being affected by exchange rate fluctuations.
Use the solutions in Business Online and draw on our currency advisors and an internationally based research function. You get:
- access to the Markets Online module in Business Online, meaning your company can get an overview of its currency positions and can readily exchange and secure currencies
- sparring in connection with preparing your company's currency policy
- overview of your company's currency risks
- recommendations for covering your company's risks
- Danske Bank's FX research
Reduce country, customer and supplier risk
Spar with the Nordic area's best advisors on trade finance and draw on our experience and unique network. We offer:
- advice on payment transactions and how things work in the more exotic markets
- cover for payment risks (buyer's ability/willingness to pay)
- cover for supplier risks (supplier's ability/willingness to fulfil the contract)
- advice about country/market conditions
- Denmark's best online solution for managing your company's international business transactions
Does your company have customers abroad who have difficulty obtaining financing? Danske Bank can help finance your company's exports. You get:
- a competitive advantage by being able to offer financing to potential buyers. This can help land the order and at the same time ensure payment for deliveries.
- the chance to offer your international customers financing that may be more competitive than what is available locally.
- all your credit, currency and interest risks minimised or removed and no need to use administrative resources on debt collection.
We find the right solution together, so that you get the type of financing or can offer your buyer the type of financing that best suits that particular business deal – usually in cooperation with EKF (Denmark's official export credit agency), etc.
Danske Bank is always your company's point of entry to export financing. Contact us and talk to our trade finance specialists if you would like to hear how we can help finance your company's exports or if you want to learn more about the various options under the EKF framework.